Welcome Guest - Login / Register Forum - Misc - War clicks - Bug reports

War clicks - Bug reports

Sticky threads

Latest Posts

slosumo - Administrator
Traffic Value: $28,438.4426 Slovenia
1 like this post 0 people
20/05/2018 08:15
To take Jimi as example, I'll have a look tomorrow, but it would indeed be possible if he privatized soon before, and also wasn't playing WZ 100% actively before, and then did, it could have jumped him quite a bit compared to others.

I'll try to check what exactly he did to get there tomorrow if I have time, as an example.
slosumo - Administrator
20/05/2018 08:17
@stark hall of fame doesn't take activity into account, whereas rankings take into account only players who've played in past 7 days. If they didn't, they're removed from those rankings until/if they return. But in hall of fame, you remain forever.

We'll also be looking at it more in detail into the live rankings one of these weeks, as there are known cases where it can jump a few places forward. But tricky to find out and not a top priority, as due to trickiness it's hard to put a good ETA to find and fix properly. But it's an issue that happened even before - basically some display issue sometimes with the "live skipping".
stark100
Traffic Value: $729.96203 Hungary
20/05/2018 08:50
I don't think i am the 7th among the active players.
druth8x
Traffic Value: $22,417.44153 United States
20/05/2018 09:20
I was going to screenshot the rankings, but I don't see the widget anymore.
I have a "cached" version with a different browser.

See how we are all negative and make note of whos who.

Now, I click on Page 10 and get this:

Which, OK, if all the bigger countries have to compete with what they did as a whole last week makes sense enough aka if the US did 200 last week but 150 this week, they'll score a negative 50...rather than a gain of 150, as that, if I understand you, is how you want the calculation to work. Not sure I like it (thinking globally ofc), but at least now I think I see it.

Back to Page 1

Now, that I look closer I see these are +, so besides seeing 2 different page 1's (the caching issue?), this is how you intend for it to work? The US is no longer "4th" but near they very bottom. Do you think even the US or other old big countries can naturally have Top 10 finishes later on? I guess a Top 5, based on this week, would mean if we gained 150 this week and 155 next week, we'd net 5 and thus rank 4th.

96/1/95 etc (first I meant 98 VE /1 IN/97 SL/96 US /2 PU) Sorry Country Codes are wrong.
(second, turns out that's wrong due to 90s being negative and Top 10 being positive, my bad).

All of the above seems to have been explained via me rereading your post a few times, and finally seeing + net to Venezula for instance vs negative for US.

However, how many players from Venezula did not play this week, at least 3 or more...and besides, their drop this week is 540, but total HOF says 730...that makes no sense, I'm confused. Also, how can Indonesia be #1 this first week and #1 HOF...do they have a large contingent of players positioned well to gain a lot this week (T gained is influenced by how far along you are) and have a huge active membership? Peru and Kazakhstan and Hungary also imporved rankings.

You threw out 200T gained in a week, is that even realistic?
Even if it is, the next week they can't get another 200T, maybe 50T, so if that's how you calculate, then they only contribute 50. But wait, there are negatives, so in fact, they contributed negative 150. It would have been better if they had quit (gone inactive)? or does that mean they contribute neagtive 200? Also, does that mean more casual play of 100 1st week and 100  2nd week and 50 3rd week is better as btwn wk 1 and 2 at least they didn't hurt us and btwn wk 2 and 3 they only hurt us a little?

I might have ideas to keep the spirit of what you want, but not get negatives, but b4 I go too deep, I need to make sure I understand how scoring works.

That said:
Don't compare us to last week. Treat us like Odometer readings.
The Toyota had 400T Rd 0 and 450T Rd 1 gained from the start of play, for a gain of 50T.
The Ford had 700T Rd 0 and 750T Rd 1 gained from the start of play, for a gain of 50T.
The Audi had 300T Rd 0 and 375T Rd 1 gained from the start of play, for a gain of 75T.
The Mobius had 100M Rd 0 and 110M Rd 1 gained from the start of play, for a gain of 10M.

Toyota had 450T Rd 1 and 500T Rd 2, gained from the start of play, for a gain of 50T.
etc
etc
Mobius had 110M Rd 1 and 120M Rd 2, gained from start of play, for a gain of 10M.

This still doesn't let small countries get to a new % boost reward, but it solves negative.

Another way you could do it is is % gained, which could allow for small countries to show up high.
Such as 50T of 400T is 12.5% and 50T of 700T is 7.14%, so Toyota would rank higher than Ford, and in fact with 10% gain, Mobius would rank btwn those 2 giants.

Which is more what you want, now, I don't know history of gain %'s to know if that's realistic.
druth8x
20/05/2018 09:34
Privatize, what's that?

I know what it is, but since the first week or so (very early on, for sure) I have not been able to privatize ever, no strategy available to pick and choose. I'm years, if not decades away.

stark,

I'm 25th HOF and 27th live, which I'm only that high b/c I won nearly 1T (more than 50% of my score) in a PVP battle (rare win). Many people win PVP battles and they are worth so much so, however many you win, more than likely is all you need to determine your rank vs others. Did you win more often this past week than normal or something similar? Also, are we talking PP or score, cause you are 8th in PP (behind me) and 34th in score (live for both)...as far as HOF you are 14th score, so you are doing worse than normal (vs the active competition cause of PV win differences vs longterm just sticking around evening out wins and newbies not ranking higher) and 8th in PP gain for HOF (aka same).
druth8x
20/05/2018 09:50
Sorry triple post.

Even after refresh, the widget still shows in Edge, but not Firefox.
stark100
20/05/2018 10:50
PP is correct. And i win a PvP 1 in a month if i got luck. I just skip simulation. I have no chance to win. And yes iam doing worse than normal therefore i can't be 7th in live ranking. I think there are much more active payers ahead me with much more scores.
druth8x
20/05/2018 15:14
stark100, you are 38th (was 34th earlier today) in score (the one that PVP is a big part of it).

I don't see 7th "live" for score.
stark100
20/05/2018 16:58
http://imgur.com/a/NecGtAg
druth8x
20/05/2018 20:50
Despite what that says, that's not the LIVE rankings AFAIK, that's the HOF.
176T is how much you've earned from the time you started playing (well, the reset, since you are older than that). You could say LIVE refers to a faster update than HOF (bottom and speperate page) that includes inactive?

The LIVE (current round) rankings, that matter as far as rewards goes, are that Trophy Icon, with the countdown timer right above the icon you have open in that screenshot. You are now 41st for score, with ~1T. It also opens up a new way of looking at the rankings (much improved IMHO).
stark100
20/05/2018 21:16
So in what competition am i the 7th for months? I understand all what you say. Look at the hall of fame. The widget shows i am 8th in the powerpoints rankings, and it is correct. But the widget also shows that i am 7th in the score rankings, but in the table i am the 14th. And i think thats the good result as far as the all time standing concerned.These wrong ranking has been there for months, a while ago i asked about it but i did not get answer. https://imgur.com/a/VnfxilI

"Despite what that says, that's not the LIVE rankings AFAIK, that's the HOF" Than why is it called live rankings? grin
druth8x
2 like this post 0 people
21/05/2018 04:09
I think if we reread this post from Andraz a few posts above, I think it's clearer:
"@stark hall of fame doesn't take activity into account, whereas rankings take into account only players who've played in past 7 days. If they didn't, they're removed from those rankings until/if they return. But in hall of fame, you remain forever."

So, you are 7th ALL TIME, but only from those who are ACTIVE. 14th ALL TIME, including INACTIVE. "40th" LIVE aka that Round.

50% of the top players score wise didn't play last round? It would be a shame, but understandable if they got bored, don't play every week, had enough of it.
slosumo - Administrator
3 like this post 0 people
22/05/2018 07:09
From all those texts the middle paragraph in your last reply is pretty much it @druth smile

And like I mentioned there probably IS some issue in the live rankings widget, where sometimes you could be shown a few spots ahead. We'll try to look at it ASAP, but unlikely before next week. We'll look into some of those paging issues on competition results in the following days.
slosumo - Administrator
3 like this post 0 people
22/05/2018 11:50
We've deployed a fix for the "non cached" country ranks showing as "1,2,3...10" for every country sometimes.

We also fixed some display calculation with contractors increases, where before any increase under 100% would show as 0, and any over that would be deducted by 100%.

In case of huge numbers it didn't make a difference, but made it weird for all other. Should be sorted now properly!
gugakip
Traffic Value: $739.34329 Belgium
25/05/2018 08:04
Not sure if this is supposed to be this way, but in the bootcamp after buying an upgrade, the progress bar doesn't say howmuch I earn every cycle anymore. It says 'e200', and always this same amount. Then after a while, it goes back to, for example 1,813@, which is a number I can understand tongue 
It's clearly not yet the scientific notation, though. As e200 is nothing near the @ numbers I believe.
druth8x
25/05/2018 08:46
e200 happens in TC fuel barrels.

Which means your gameplay is not connected "enough" to the main server.
What fixes it is a refresh and then do another attempt at the same TC.
slosumo - Administrator
6 like this post 0 people
21/06/2018 16:09
WarClicks Country HQ ( reworked Country Invasion with more features & much better scaling) Has been launched!

https://www.reddit.com/r/warclicks/comments/8spr2p/country_hq_release_reworked_country_invasion/

Now onto a week of bugfixes + Kong preparation smile
stark100
21/06/2018 17:29
The fuel time counter still not working if i open a new tab in browser while waiting for another time challenge. I need to change to bootcamp and back or refresh the page. I was told it is an out of sync issue and will be solved in the major update.
druth8x
21/06/2018 20:58
Can you reexplain Country Weekly Rewards?

I think other Countries are also in the same boat, but the US in particular is ALWAYS on the last page. We seem to have 0 shot at Country rewards anymore.

1. Is my CF supposed to be way lower?

2. I think Battle 39 is still new enough, so I'm glad that we aren't competing with newbies so new they still quit in droves, but also they can still benefit from helping us out early enough in their gameplay. (Side Note: If you can make it clear to newbies/players can you tell them if they go on vacation to go to vacation mode or in 30 days of inactivty their Country HQ Rewards will be redistributed?...I don't think bought GOLD, as tempting as it is, or even free GOLD from the rest of the site, or earned Gold from Offers, but Invasion Gold should go to the estate and be divided among the family members).

3. I bet I'll get this answer soon enough, but while I see a 7? day vote timer, if something gets 100% does a new option take it's place and we have a new 7 day vote timer (with previous 2 votes left where they were aka not start fresh)? Are we limited 1 vote per day or window?

4. Is the 30min "CI" window perm? If so, I am thankful for that, I was annoyed I was long since done, even if I did CI first and had to wait an hour for just that final one. For those that who would buy their next I don't think it's too short a wait for them not to bother.

5. I appreaciate that there are more gold options and that there are rewards for donating (side note thank you for giving us the spoils for all bases, even if AirStrike, though they muist have surrived that battle, like cockroaches hehe) however say to go from 0 vote power to Top 10, in the US, takes 180K Gold, and to get to my current CF from 0 takes 464,600 Gold, does that make sense? Granted, I'm "worth it" being such a long term active member. But still, 100 Gold is a day's GOLD, if lucky (I haven't actually figured out the min nor the avg in a long while, but I know it's very hard for me to climb and I only spend GOLD on "a couple" BC 90 Gold Boosts per few weeks). 100 Gold is a drop in the bucket, heck even a year's Gold (at 100 per day avg) is only 20.3% and 7.85% of the way to my current numbers.

6. You scaled bases, including BTL bases up based on past week active, meaning now we can always break it, no matter how small the country's active base is? Awesome. I wonder how much vs that 10% loss you scaled it for. Cause obviously some will vote to use GOLD for an AirStrike is only a true gain of 1%, but if it just takes us 3 days instead of 1/part of 1, I'd hope we can agree amongst each others to save our GOLD (unless they themselves donate).

7. I see that Top 10 donaters All Time and Last 10 (from all countries) get their recognition, which hopefully leads to competition and thus more GOLD bought to spend. Why not everyone with the same next page as "Fight Results" Btw I didn't even notice the 100 Gold = X...so I put in 1000 Gold, but didn't submit and now I see I donated 1K Gold and my voting power is 18.1...I've never donated GOLD to Country...also I don't think my GOLD went down and I don't see me listed in Top 10 (actually tied for 1st at this juncture) So, what's up with that?

8. So, now new Chat also means no old chat as well to help everyone along with the new info?

That's plenty for now.
Again, in general I'm "happy" with the updates, just would like clarification and feel I can give feedback in a polite enough way. I don't want your team to ever feel that they are not appreciated or that they didn't really think about every upgrade and how it relates to everything else.
druth8x
22/06/2018 02:23
OK, looks like no such thing as 100% vote or multiple votes, so 1 week it is...still unclear if wasted votes on the other, though probanlysince only 1 vote per week...unless you can add another vote with more BS the next week and next until it's the winner. I wouldn't want to vote on somthing that didn't win or heck even vote at all if my vote won't change it.

A couple new things:

convert is 35% of what? (1.1B reward?)
I thought it was 100%?
It seems like it will take another day to increase it, not just 1 more invasion.

Where is TC?
If removed, it needs to be removed from DR, SPW (which just becomes refuel and random gold), and shop.
Page: , , , , ... , , , 116, , , ,
Forum - Misc - War clicks - Bug reports
Subscribe to this Topic